Programming Languages and Libraries
B.S. Computer Science, Concentration in Philosophy Harvey Mudd College, 2011
Senior Software Engineer - Data Tools, Slack, San Francisco, CA (5/2018 - )
- Built and optimized internal analytics dashboards in React
- Worked with advanced data users (data scientists, analysts, engineers) at Slack to identify and close gaps in their workflow
- Implemented real-time pipelines using Kafka for viewing A/B test data within seconds
Senior Software Engineer, LendingHome, San Francisco, CA (9/2015 - 4/2018)
- Expanded and optimized workflow prioritization algorithms & work items for loan officers.
- Created internal tools for efficient acceptance testing.
- Built MVP for consumer mortgage loan product on a tight deadline.
Full-Stack Engineer, BrightBytes, San Francisco, CA (10/2014 – 9/2015)
- Designed, implemented, deployed and maintained a custom CMS to create and deliver targeted content based on an end user’s data and organization structure.
- Designed and built a targeting algorithm to find and deliver relevant content from CMS to optimize user experience for content managers and customers.
Back-End Engineer, Glyde, Palo Alto, CA (07/2011 – 10/2014)
- Worked with front-end engineers to design and implement multi-platform APIs
- Built comprehensive reporting tools to track users throughout transaction flow
- Worked with operations, customer service, and marketing departments to design and build features to improve user experience for consumers and business users
- Created internal tools to optimize client-server interactions and unit testing.
Project Manager Paramount Pictures Clinic Project, HMC (2010 – 2011)
- Designed and built a Firefox extension to scrape sites hosting pirated content, automatically extracting advertisement information and capturing screenshots.
- Algorithmically estimated the “danger” a given site posed to Paramount’s business.
- Managed team work schedule & coordinated with faculty advisor and Paramount liaisons.